Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #1

Another newbie from Philadelphia

I picked up a K100D about 2 months ago after some helpful advice from this forum. So far, I've mostly been trying to shoot indoor low-light scenes, particularly at music venues, and otherwise just familiarizing myself with what I can do. I'm interested in finding other things to shoot as well. I'm thinking I might try some city street scenes.

I've picked up a whole mess of lenses as well, as listed in my signature. I've also been shooting with an old M 50mm 1.7, but that is getting bumped (and probably sold) for my new FA 50mm 1.4. The lenses I'm presently coveting are the DA 77mm 1.8 Limited, the A 50mm 1.2, and the Sigma 30mm 1.4. I hate using flashes, so I'm really keen on fast glass.

I'm still figuring out a workflow for "processing" my shots. Right now I'm using Aperture on Mac OS X for RAW development and photo filing needs. I've posted some shots to Flickr and had a few 4x6 prints made on the cheap, but I'm still exploring what options I have for image output.

Okay, well that's my story.

08-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm right across the river in NJ in the greater Cherry Hill area. Post some of your city scenes. They should be interesting.

oh and fyi.... your signature is not activated.