Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Another Shropshire lad.

OK, I'm a bit old to be a lad!

Richard seems to have described Shropshire very well so I won't repeat all that.

I live in the historic area of Coalbrookdale & Ironbridge, birthplace of the industrial revolution.

I've been Canon man for more years than I can remember, and I still have my old AE1p and EOS 600.
I also have a Canon G3 digital, which does most things an SLR can do ( in theory ) but I couldn't get to grips with it.

So I've bought a K10 with the short kit lens and battery grip.

My photography is almost entirely landscape and the action of off road trials with 4x4's, which I drive in as well.
The weatherproofing was a huge influence on me buying a K10, as was the size. I liked the EOS 600, but found the 400D too small, and I didn't like or couldn't afford the other Canon alternatives, even though I have lenses and flash.

I've had my K10 a week now, and need to learn how to use it to best effect, but I have dyscalculia ( dyslexia with numbers, and other minor learning difficulties ) so the 'detail' of the camera is going to be slow for me.

But I'm looking forward to it

Lloydy

08-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ay up lud! Welcome along. Never heard of dyscalculia but it sounds a pain, I didn't realise there different forms of dyslexia. Have fun with the camera.
08-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to one of the better forums on the net. good people here and lots of info. There's lots of 'Brits' coming on board lately. Looking forward to some shots of your home town and beyond.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 08-03-2007 at 08:29 PM.
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Peter, where are you from? My brother lives in N.S. and I've spent a lot of time there.

Dave