Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

Hello from the Gray Area

Hi Everyone.
I pretty new to photography. I live in what I call the gray area because of all the clouds and rain we have here in Portland,Oregon.
My Dad always had a Pentax camera in our faces as we were growing up and I wasn't to happy about it and now I'm doing the same thing. I now have all his older lens and other things. I went digital about 1 year ago. I got a new K10 and have had a lot of fun with it. I have the lens that I got from dad and also few that I have bought plus what came with the camera. Just a few months ago I was able to get a K20 at a good used price and am still trying to learn both as fast as I can. Most of the time I'm over whelmed but I look forward to learning a lot here. I have been trying to show some of my photos on Daily Awards contest and have had mixed success.
I have lots of questions and will let them fly after taking some time to look over the site and see if some of the questions have been addressed.
Regards, dougbug

05-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! If you're interested in contests, we hold an official one here every month, and we're also about to launch something very similar to the PPG!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Welcome! If you're interested in contests, we hold an official one here every month, and we're also about to launch something very similar to the PPG!
Thanks Adam, I appreciate knowing that and I'll check it out.