Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #1

Greetings from Philly!

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was time to join up and jump in.

I've been hooked on photography ever since I was given a Kodak Duaflex in the early '70s. I've occasionally managed to support myself as a photographer.

I got out of photography for a bit, but then bought a K100d a couple of years ago to try out digital. It got me back into photography, but I've been shooting quite a bit more film than digital lately.

I live in the heart of Philadelphia, so most of what I shoot is street and documentary-type work of the ever-changing cityscape.

In addition to the k100D with kit lens I've got a ZX-M which was a steal on eBay and is so light it goes with me everywhere. I tend to use a 28mm on the ZX-M most often because it's a small, portable and unobtrusive combination.

Other than Pentax gear I've got a Yashica Electro 35 and a Hasselblad for when I feel like lifting weights.

You can see my work on Flickr

Neil

05-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Neil, and to digital photography! Like you, I got away from shooting for pleasure back in the days of film. But the discovery of digital photography and its freedom from the tyranny of film (high cost, poor developing, the wait for slides) has reinvigorated my creativity.

Enjoy your stay with us here at the Pentax Forum. And why not consider posting regularly to the weekly "Photo of the Week" over in "Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories" -- nothing special, just photos from the period stipulated in the posts. It's fun to see what others are up to in their part of the world.