Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
from the other side of the fence

Name:  1stdayoutofthecamera.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  172.3 KBHi guys...
Yes I'm coming from the other side of the fence ( canon 40d with 1 and one only lens ef 50 mm f1.8 II) and I do have a small very smal collection of older cameras,and my lates find was a spotmatic with 3 (m42) lenses,and whe I done my little digging what I bought I found your website, and found out I got 3 primes for $10 each and they can be and they can be IS or WR or whatever with a PENTAX DSLR, that blown my mind, so I borrowed a friend PETNAX and whoooa, this is another dimension....the feel of the focus ring it is jut taking me back when I fell in love with taking pictures, I'm not doing much just chasing my grand daughter around the house and the other members some other living stationery things, but I love it.So is canon faster ( AF,continious)
yes it is, but I got A K 7and I got an m 50mm f1.4 on it and the shutter sound that K 7 makes ,the focusing ,the all lot ,to do something manually again just set my mind differently ( I was a happy go and press the button guy--- and I still am)
Anyway I'm coming over the fence I'm jumping I'm digging a tunnel or whatever..........I think I'm hooked to PENTAX
ps a used FA 50mm f1.4 is on the way as I looked the lens reviews and seamed it is a good choice......!!!!!?????
regards zoltan

05-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Zoltan, glad to have you join us. Please enjoy your stay and any questions you may have can be asked in the Pentax Beginners forum and I'm sure you'll get all the help you require.
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It definitely sounds like you understand the K-7's appeal. I think you'll be pleased with the FA50 f/1.4.
06-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lensego Quote
Anyway I'm coming over the fence I'm jumping I'm digging a tunnel or whatever...
You're digging yourself a grave is what you are doing. No, i'm just joking- You have made a good choice. I've been looking at some shots of mine today from one of my old screwmount lenses and forgot how superb the bokeh was.

Welcome & have fun with the FA50 Zoltan.

06-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome from the dark side, may the Pentax force be strong in you.
06-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
1st day with fa

Hi guys ..thank you ......the grave has been done,I could not have that many prime lenses in my life what I got now Im' going to get a macro and that's it,I like to be simple, I got my FA 50mm 1.4 it is amazing ,but I got only the m50 with me for the last 3 weeks and I got use to it ( again the manual setting, plus green button cheating and just started to love manual focusing) So yes I'm landed as I selling my Canon gear,not easily, by the way I thougt when I posted my orginal post ,it would be just an intro .But anyhow,dont blame me if I do something wrong on this forum: I never been in a forum . So I got an smc takumar m42 28mm f3.5 lens
now it is need a m42 adapter, I read all over this forum the real Pentax is the good one the other might cause problems: but it is impossible to get Pentax ,Are the others really that bad, I like to try my m42's..... I dont think the IQ can get any better ( if is tell me) what I got now, I just gotto go and make some nice pics..... z
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
06-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #7
Inactive Account

The Pentax M42 adapters are not impossible to find, but I have no problem with my $10 Chinese adapter with the spring taken out.

06-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi fractal thanks for that I'll try. I jumped the gun too early. Even Pentax Australia is selling it
A$ 77.00
I got to try a chinese takaway.