Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
greetings from Maine

I so enjoy taking pictures, I find I am most centered when I have my camera in hand.

I have a K100 D... my first pentax was the k1000
My husband wants to surprise me with a new lens and I am lost. My style is "fill the frame" but I do not want to be in your face
I have a 70-300 ,it seems slow to me, along with a standard 55

I have toyed with buying a new camera but I am thinking about buying a new lens instead.

Thank you in advance for your feedback
~~~ Tracey a woman on a 90 degree learning curve

06-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

dont get a new camera just for the sake of getting a new camera you can do so many diffrent things with various lens that are out there so look into a lens that intrests you are far as focal length and go for it. Also welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have we are a rather friendly bunch here.
06-02-2010, 03:50 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! My husband bought me Sigma 50mm 2.8 and a Pentax portrait lens. As they say in Maine .... I am wicked happy! ~~~Tracey
06-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Tracey! Maine's a beautiful state, and I look forward to seeing your photos.

Why not post some shots in "Post your photos!" and the weekly "Picture of the Week" in "Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories". Enjoy your time on the forum!

Last edited by Tamia; 06-10-2010 at 05:00 AM.