Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from Boston.

Hello all, I shoot mostly stock theses days with various DSLR's but in the past was a P645N /P67 user so have always wondered about the Pentax Digital line...been dipping my toes with a K7 and 21mm Ltd so see what it's all about. Of course I've come here to glean any info I can.

I don't have too much to offer in exchange yet, but you can see my work at Dermot Conlan Photography

06-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to the forums and good to see that the northeast is finally starting to get representation in the world of Pentax
06-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. I like your Boston 20-20 work. Well done, and it's fun that I know exactly where you're standing for each shot in the series.

I particularly like the Fort Point Channel ones (#4 and #7). Not so sure about the ones with the super-large moon.
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, moons like a lot of other effects in photography I find are a personal thing.

06-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by legboy Quote
Thanks for the welcome, moons like a lot of other effects in photography I find are a personal thing.
I guess for me the obvious non-reality of it clashes with the familiarity of the scene. For someone who doesn't recognize the skyline it might be different.

On another note: have you been on the top floor of the parking garage in the Museum of Science? Seems like an excellent place for more for this series.
06-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The series was started to generate stock images and a lot of stock deals in non reality...I don't shoot to make art, I spent ten years doing that and made some pretty pictures. Now I shoot for other reasons. Yes that garage has beenon my list , I see it in my "idea" book from last year but maybe this part is over now.