Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Forum Member

Excited newbie in Ohio

Hi everyone! I may not even qualify to call myself a Pentax newbie, because I don't even have my camera yet! I just ordered a white K-x yesterday from Adorama, and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! (I followed the link from Adam's post here before I even officially joined, so I hope the forum gets a couple nickels or something from my purchase. )

I have always carried a nice P&S camera that fits in my back pocket, so I know I will have a lot of learning to do when my awesome dslr camera finally arrives. But I'm really looking forward to it! I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time on this forum picking up all the great tips you long-timers have to offer me. Can't wait to begin my new Pentax adventure!!

06-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support! I hope your new camera will soon arrive - I'm sure you will be pleased with it!
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome shellie, and congrats on the purchase - you have chosen what I believe the be the best value photographic tool to date.

Hope you enjoy your journey as well as your time with us. Look forward to your contributions here.
06-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shellie Quote
I have always carried a nice P&S camera that fits in my back pocket, so I know I will have a lot of learning to do when my awesome dslr camera finally arrives
I'll tell you what you'll learn- A DSLR won't fit in your back pocket. To be honest, my K200D would fit in my cargo short pocket wearing a little Super Takumar. But, then it was like walking into a brick every 1.5 seconds. Not really worth it if your value you knee caps.

Welcome in.

06-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
I'll tell you what you'll learn- A DSLR won't fit in your back pocket. .
haha! So true! That was the main thing that kept me from getting a slr long ago... I just wasn't sure if I would actually carry a big camera the places I liked to go. And no use having a great camera if you won't take it with you, huh! That's why the light-weight K-x finally got me to take the leap. I just need to find the perfect case to carry it in now so I don't get lazy and leave it behind.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
06-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by shellie Quote
haha! So true! That was the main thing that kept me from getting a slr long ago... I just wasn't sure if I would actually carry a big camera the places I liked to go. And no use having a great camera if you won't take it with you, huh! That's why the light-weight K-x finally got me to take the leap. I just need to find the perfect case to carry it in now so I don't get lazy and leave it behind.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Shel, my rules are:

1) The camera is always accessible and hanging from your shoulder via the strap.

2) The bag is for other lenses and accessories.

3) Never put your camera in the bag, because you can't use it when it's in the bag.