Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #1

Hi from Oz and thanks for having me! :)

Hi all,

My name is Keith and I'm a photoholic!

Hopefully a few people may recognise my avatar from a couple of other forums I frequent ... if you do it's nice to be amongst friends as well as new aquaintances.

I do have one lonely Pentax currently ... an SP500 which I've owned since the mid seventies .. it still functions perfectly and has never had a thing done to it in the time I've owned it.

My preference is film though I do shoot digital with an M8 and a D700 for the occasional paid gig ... when I get lucky!

I'm becoming interested in medium format in 6x7 as an addition to my Hasselblad and and Bronica RF645 habit ... the bigger negative is calling my name and I have my sights set on a Pentax 6x7 ... preferably a second or third generation model. The 67ii is definitely at the top of my list but I'm not quite sure that I want to spend that much money and think that maybe I should start off with the earlier model and see how I like the system and if it suits my style of shooting ... that said I can't help returning to the classifieds to ogle the 67ii and seven lens kit currently for sale! (sigh!)

Anyway that's me and my current aspirations ... I hope to be here a lot more regularly in the future ... preferably as a happy P67 user!

Cheers ... Keith

ps ... please feel free to offer me advice and opinions about the 6x7 choices and what to look out for.

06-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Bloody hell! Who let you in?

Welcome to Pentax land Keith - Cheers!
06-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisN Quote
Bloody hell! Who let you in?

Welcome to Pentax land Keith - Cheers!

Thanks Chris ... the people you meet when you go for a wander!
06-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #4

Rover's hiding around here somewhere, and a few other names I recognise.

06-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
Inactive Account

That's a diverse range of gear you have Keith. I look forward to seeing some of your stuff.

Welcome in.
06-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Quote "thanks for having me"

Hey. we're not sure we're letting you in yet! (another Aussie).

Joking, welcome to the forum.