Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another happy K-X owner

I'm also new here, just bought a K-X for my wife, ever since she got to use my friend's D90 a couple years ago (he now has a D700) she's had the bug.. And the K-X is an incredible value. I got the 18-55 + 55-300 kit for a fair price sent to Canada.

Working on picking up some cheap primes for the indoor shots she will be wanting. Have a vivitar 28/2.8 on the way from the UK, not really sure what version it is as there's no serial # on the front!

I started out around 12 when my dad bought me a Canon F1 and a couple lenses. Sadly, while I still have the F1, the shutter has gotten wonky above 1/250 or so, and the repair would have cost far too much. I'd possibly have stuck with Canon but since the FD lenses don't fit the digital bodies, and the high cost of glass for them, I jumped ship.

Last edited by tentacles; 06-14-2010 at 05:06 PM.
06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

Just to save you a thread... once you put that Vivitar on the camera, it will give you an error. You need to go to the menu and turn on the option to allow aperture ring to be used. I have a K200D so can't tell you exactly where it is in the menu. Oh, and welcome to the Pentax family )
06-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-X menu

The menu VaSa is talking about is C4 item 22 Using Aperture Ring set to 2-Permitted. Then turn camera off, mount lens, turn camera on. It should ask you to input focal length. Enter true focal length. Have fun!!
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I think there are a lot of new, happy K-X owners here. LOL! I know I have learned a lot in the couple of weeks I have been here.

06-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited to get some use out of this thing. We've got a baby on the way, too.. So there will be many opportunities for photos!
06-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From one Winnipegger to another

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we'll see a few of your pics from around here!
06-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kangamel Quote
Hi all
Just got my first non P&S, a K-x and loving it. This forum swayed my decision to go Pentax instead of the Canon I had my hearts set on (thank you) The forum is friendly and full of great advice. Only complaint I have is that after reading through the forum I already want more... I thought I'd be happy with my fancy new camera and one big shiny lens
I have already bought another lens from the marketplace here. And dreaming about the DA 40mm limited teeny tiny lens and the Tamron 28-75mm that everyone seems to love so much. Oh well gives me good motivation to learn to use what I've got so I can really NEED some better lenses, that cost more than my camera did
Thank you to everyone here for creating such a friendly, helpfull and educational forum.
Melissa

Ahh yep ia m a noob I meant to post in a new thread and put it here instead....doh
Mel, you can delete it if you want.