Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Alberta, Canada

Where to start...

Once upon a time I was really crazy about photography. I even freelanced for a few years doing weddings, families and some model portfolio stuff.

Then I got sick, burned out and eventually left the field. Flash forward a few years and I finally got my first digital SLR - a Pentax ist DS2. It's been a very good intro DSLR, but it felt very restrictive compared to my trusty old PZ-1 film SLR.

To make a long story short, the itch has finally and strongly returned and I'm encouraging it by having bought a shiny, new K-7. Wow! What a camera! My PZ-1 envy is more than satisfied.

I have to say that lurking on these boards has humbled me more than I could have imagined. The talent and creativity here is absolutely astounding. I think it will be a while before anything I capture comes close to what's done here on a regular basis.

Thanks to everyone here for providing such an amazing place to connect with other Pentax users!

Last edited by iocchelli; 06-19-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar
06-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you on board so please enjoy your stay with us.
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Welcome iocchelli,
Hope you enjoy the Forum...Yes there`s a lot of info to be gained thru this site. Kudos to you for pickin` the K7... it was on my wish list but the K20 won me over due to having the K10 before(same batteries & grip).
Sure hope you have better weather... I`m in the rather wet,flooded area of the province but still keeping dry(medicine Hat...on a hill,lol ...)
Cheers !!!

Last edited by ponyt27; 06-19-2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
06-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
thank you ponyt27 and eaglem!