Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Chiming in from Stockholm, Sweden

Hello, saw this forum mentioned on DPR and rushed 'over' to join.

Have been using Pentax digital gear for some time now; started with an Optio 555, which has served me well. Bought the *ist DS in March 2006, probably one of the last ones available since it had already been discontinued.

Sold my DS in anticipation of the K10D, which I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow or the day after. Had both kit lenses but sold the 18-55 with the DS.

Kept the DA50-200, which I felt was noticably better than the DA18-55, which was goot for the money but still left me wanting something more in the DA50-200's class - or better.

Having used the DA18-55 much helped me figure out which focal lengths I typically use so that I could decide which primes to get.

Will be using DA14, DA21, DA40, DA70, and the DA50-200 on the K10D.

That's it - now I just need the dang camera!

11-29-2006, 03:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hej Lars

Great to see you over on this side. Looking forward to see some photos from your new camera.

Cheers

Eddie
12-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Finally!

Thanks for welcoming me, Eddie. I finally picked up my K10D and a handful of lenses (all 3 pancakes + the 14mm). Fired a few shots in the office but that's not worth showing + I left everything at home. I won't have time to test it more properly before friday where I plan to roam the streets of STockholm for a night shoot.
12-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. It will be very interesting to see your take on night shooting. Don't forget to let us know the particulars of the shots. I for one am going to attempt some soon and could use all the help I can get.

12-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
First attempt (just testing)

Well, I', just getting warmed up - took a few in the very early morning on my way to the office today. When I took the following picture, the sky looked more black than blue. This is just shooting JPGS's with all setting left at their default values. I'm surprised at how much detail and color range to see here, I had expected to get such good results only when shooting in RAW format.

Why did I buy FOUR memory cards? Oh well, they'll come in handy soon enough, but I won't be sad if I have to switch from RAW to JPG while on vacation and if I'm running out of memory!

Some more shots here:
December 2006 Photo Gallery by Lars Ugleberg at pbase.com

Will post in the gallery section soon...
12-06-2006, 03:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hello, Sweden calling...K10D "cinq points" - couldn't help it.

Welcome to the forum.