Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #1

Hello from Paris

Hi folks,

First of all please excuse my bad English; it is not my native language.

I have been lurking here for some time now so I guess I might as well introduce myself.

I bought my DSLR last year after some time trying to convince myself a good camera was just too expensive for what I would do with it. Anyway, I finally got into a nearby shop wanting to buy a low-end Canon DSLR, came back home a couple hours later with a K200D in hand. Now I have spent a bit more than a year learning how to use it.

I am currently trying to learn street photography. I have recently purchased a couple film bodies (MZ-10 and P30T) and I find it much easier to shoot strangers with them than with my DSLR. I guess I still have lots of work to do though.

07-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The K200D is a fine camera and i've found it quite good for street. Although, due to the size of a compact film camera, I could imagine it would be more discreet.

All the best and welcome to the forums.
07-06-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us.
07-06-2010, 02:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
The K200D is a fine camera and i've found it quite good for street. Although, due to the size of a compact film camera, I could imagine it would be more discreet.
I don't really know why, I just feel more confident I won't be spotted with a film camera. I'm trying to use the K200D too, tough.

07-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, wish my French was as good as your English, remember the "Auld Alliance" my friend.