Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello From The Natural State...Arkansas

I am glad I ran across this site! It already has made me feel better about spending the money for the Pentax K x. I should receive it in 3-7 days. I have been looking for lenses and have purchased a couple that I hope will fit the Kx. By the way, I’m 7o years old and live in the Natural State of Arkansas. I hope to put some pictures on my web page soon as I start shooting. Thanks for all the help ahead of time! Thanks for a great site.

Last edited by notsowise; 08-09-2010 at 07:06 AM.
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by notsowise Quote
I am glad I ran across this site! It already has made me feel better about spending the money for the Pentax K x. I should receive it from Sams Club in 3-7 days. I have been looking for lenses and have purchased a couple that I hope will fit the Kx. By the way, Iím 7o years old and live in the Natural State of Arkansas. I hope to put some pictures on my web page soon as I start shooting. Thanks for all the help ahead of time! Thanks for a great site.
Welcome to the forum. If your lenses say PK or Pentax mount, you are in. Screw-mount lenses (with an "m42 adaptor") are also popular with the manual mode crowd.
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the info SpecialK!
So far I haven’t found any with PK or Pentax Mount. I have a vivitar 200mm 1:3.5 auto telephoto, but do not know what mount it is, it does have a twist mount though. I also have a Rokunar 80-200mm 1:5.5 and it does have a PK on the aperture ring. I guess that will work on the Kx.
Thanks again ,
Notsowise
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

The one thing to look out for are Ricoh lenses that have a pin on them which makes it a rather permanent attachment.

07-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums.