Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi all

Yet another defector from DPReview.

I actually don't own a Pentax yet but have my heart set on the K10D as my first DSLR. In my film days I actually shot with a Minolta XGM and currently only own a P&S Panasonic FZ20.

Unfortunately here in the U.K. the K10D ois not yet available and it probably won't be until the new year until I get the K10D anyways.

I've considered the "other" brands but in my eyes they are not good value for money especially when you consider the price of their glass. The fact you can still get older Pentax glass for reasonable prices was the best reason for me.

Anyways, hope to lurk around for a while until I get myself a nice K10D

René

Last edited by Cloggie_UK; 11-30-2006 at 03:10 AM.
11-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Forum Member

You won't regret your choice!

Why not pick up a K100 (available right now and a pretty good performer) while you're waiting, then when the K10 arrives you'll have two of the best cameras around!

But seriously, welcome to the forum. There's quite a wealth of knowledgeable members and useful posts even though the forum hasn't been around that long.

Browse and enjoy.
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
The K100D is too small for me (as is the Panny FZ20) as I have hands like shovels hence why I want the K10D with the grip

Or at least that is the excuse I give my girlfriend