Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #1

intro to me!

Hullo, My name is John, I joined this forum only because I am seekign some info about a peice of hardware that I pulled from an old 35mm Pentax. The item in question is one of those autofocus rangers. Sadly I was too stupid to write down the exact model of the camera prior to tossing out the shell and rest taht I didn't want!,, but suspect that these same modules are going to be used in many models rather than just the one I had!?

Please find attached crappy resolution pix of the unit from various angles. Why am I interested? I want to use the module for an infrared distance measuring sensor in a project I am working on. The micro underneath the sheild is covered mostly so I cannot even give a part # for it,, it is a Mitsubichi microcontroller,, that is about all I am sure of.

Any help with finding an exact part # would be ideal- datasheet/specsheet would be the best! I need to know how it is interfaced, and how I am able to get it 'talkin' to my main micro. I figured this type of forum would be a better fit to get these kinds of info rather than the typical robot builder forums I would usually turn to....

thanks in advance for any help with this matter--- cheers, jd

Attached Images