Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2007, 03:23 AM   #1

Fresh blood...

Hello all,

Unfortunately I have completely overlooked this thread, so I posted a few replies in the forum. But just to follow the trend:
More than an year ago I was looking for a DSLR to buy. Up til then I owned two Canon compact cameras - A95 and S2 IS. I was pretty happy with them but I wasn't very happy with the Canon's line-up for entry DSLRs - they were a bit expensive and with a cheap-plastic-feel. I settled for Pentax (a *istDL was all I could afford back then) mostly because of the price and a gut feeling I had

I am one of those people who enjoy taking photos, not owning a camera. I sticked to Pentax because it works fine for my purposes, and will probably work in the future

I hate having a long-long-long list of equipment in my signature, so here it is, the whole bag:
Body: Pentax *istDL
Lenses: Pentax SMCP DA 18-55/3.5-5.6 (kit lens, great lens), Tamron 28-200/3.8-5.6 (tele lens, decent lens, i'm not a tele fan anyway), Pentax SMC 50/1.7 M (old lens, manual lens, awesome lens).
Filters: Hoya Circular Polarizer (it's been with me since I had my S2), Cokin filters (gradual grey and tobacco)
Flash: Sigma EF 500 DG Super (great flash, I'm addicted to it)
Accessories: Canon Remote control (non-wireless, works great ), AA rechargable for the flash, two Li-Ion rechargeable for the body, a Giottos tripod (looking forward for a new one ), two SD cards / 1Gb each, a Tamrac backpack... and that's about it

08-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #2

Original Poster
Things to come:
1. Upgrade to K10D body
2. Flash. Sigma does not work on K10D, and to rechip it is a pain in the behind, so I'll get one of those Exakta flashes. I've seen samples, does a pretty decent job.
3. UWA lens. It hurts me that the only UWA prime breaks the 1k barrier. I'll probably go for the 10-17 (although it's a fisheye) or the 10-20 from Sigma (I'm not sure whether I will like the fisheye or not )
4. Monopod
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum.