Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #1

Hello from Abilene,TX

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking around for a while and since I have decided on the K10D or it's successor I thought I'd join and start learning

I'm 63 years old and disabled so that I can't walk far enough or long enough to get very far from my truck. At this time I have a Leica V-LUX 1 which is an excellent camera for what it is but I'm finding myself wanting more, but I absoutely need the long zoom lens and IS.

I shoot mostly outdoors, landscapes, animinals, birds and the like. For some reason it's taken me about five years, a Panasonic FZ1, FZ20 and now the V-LUX1 to get comfortable enough with cameras to start wanting to upgrade to a DSLR.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum and hope I don't ask to many dumb questions.

DonR

Zoto 3.0 - Photo Sharing

08-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Don. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice here, and I hope you share your photos (I took a peek- some good stuff!).

Maybe you can answer a question that has been on my mind for many years. Is it true that:

" Abilene is the prettiest town I ever seen.
Folks down there don't treat you mean, in Abilene"???
08-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Welcome to the forum, Don. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice here, and I hope you share your photos (I took a peek- some good stuff!).

Maybe you can answer a question that has been on my mind for many years. Is it true that:

" Abilene is the prettiest town I ever seen.
Folks down there don't treat you mean, in Abilene"???
Well Tom, I've actually seen some prettier towns but have never lived in a town that's more friendly. Sometimes my wife treats me mean in Abilene but she's about the only one.