Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #1

New Norwegian Pentaxian

I've been wanting a SLR since my brother got one 15 years ago when we were kids, but never got around to getting one until now. I've used mainly compacts so far, a Yashica T5 and my girlfriends Coolpix 3100.

After extensive research I chose to order a K10D and two lenses from B&H - DA21 and FA50. The DA 21mm was chosen mainly for it's low weight and size and will be used when walking around. I don't look half as scary as the typical big zoom shooter, and hopefully I'll make a less tempting target when on vacation. The FA 50mm f1.4 was chosen mainly for low light capabilities. I didn't get the zoom, and I haven't missed it so far. Next on my list is the 31mm limited, only have to get someone to carry it to Norway from the US. Getting new gear is almost as fun as taking pictures.

While I'm sure I would be just as happy with a Canon or a Nikon, I like rooting for the underdog (in terms of market share), especially when the lens choice and features seem to fit me as well as Pentax does. Although I'd love to support my local shop, the price difference was too great to be ignored - for most of the Pentax gear it's almost half price in the US compared to Norway, and 20-30% after VAT.

I've been out a couple of evenings experimenting, and got a couple of clich pictures below. It's so easy to get good image quality, and with some practice I'm sure I'll get good pictures as well.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo   
08-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #2

Hi and welcome from another Norwegian.
I think you made a very good choice, in both the camera and this forum.
I'm sure you will learn alot, very nice folks here.

Cheers

Jan
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

Nice first pics.