Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #1

Hi from East Lansing, MI

Hey everybody!
I just got my beautiful, white Pentax K-x last week and I'm attempting to teach myself how to use it (it's my first DSLR...an upgrade from a Kodak point-and-shoot...and I'm in love with it).
The instruction manual is really comprehensive, but it's WAY more fun to learn things from people with personalities. Don't be surprised if you see me asking questions like crazy!
On a camera-unrelated note: I'm a month away from starting my senior year of college. I'm a writer with dreams of taking the sportswriting and romance fiction worlds by storm. Look out!
Nice to meet all of you!

07-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I'm sure we'll be able to help you along the way

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi deb7,

welcome to pentaxforums.

The last time I was in Lansing was to watch a Pigs v Freaks football game over 35 years ago. Michigan State was "interesting"

Richard.
07-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome aboard! Ask away... we're waiting...... The last time I was in Lansing with a camera was with my 4x5 Super Speed Graphic...

Not really a lug around point and shoot camera

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/3137908249_61d4c35fed_o.jpg

Are you From Michigan or are you just here for school?

07-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #5

Original Poster
@Adam...I feel so welcome! Thank you!
@RichardS...MSU is still a pretty "interesting" place...especially on gamedays...it hasn't lost its rowdiness, that's for sure!
@JeffJS...I am a Michigan native! I grew up in the very very southeastern corner of the state...just a mile north of the MI/OH border. And also, what a beautiful photo of the Capitol! I've been in Lansing for three years now and still haven't ventured down there to get a closer look at that place...
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hello from a Big Ten alum! Since you're a sports writer, do you work for the college newspaper at MSU?

This forum is a good place for getting questions answered, so feel free to fire away with them.
07-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by deb7 Quote
@JeffJS...I am a Michigan native! I grew up in the very very southeastern corner of the state...just a mile north of the MI/OH border. And also, what a beautiful photo of the Capitol! I've been in Lansing for three years now and still haven't ventured down there to get a closer look at that place...
Cool.. Don't feel bad other than when my father took me several years earlier, that's the only time I've ever been there too. I drove out there one cold January Monday (MLK Birthday) to pick up another camera and decided to pay a visit when there would be no traffic around it. I had several film holders loaded but the blowing wind quickly diminished my interest in winter architectural photography Had a job a few years ago driving test cars on a route that would loop around Lansing, including MSU, but never went back to the actual capitol.

07-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Hey everybody!

but it's WAY more fun to learn things from people with personalities.
Is that us?, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-29-2010 at 03:00 AM.
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #9

Original Poster
@urkeldaedalus...Ooh, which one of the fabulous Big Tens are you from?? I actually do not work for the paper here...I'm an independent writer right now, I have a hockey blog (Two Minutes for Embellishment) and I write for this online hockey newspaper called The Hockey Writers. That keeps me pretty busy in the world of sportswriting! A big reason I just got my camera is so that I can take my own pictures for my blog, so they're legal, rather than something I stole off the internet somewhere!
07-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Heheh. I moved to Lansing in 1980 and still haven't been inside the Capitol. I've been to the lawn though.

Welcome!
07-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome here Deb.
Great to have you on board.
Hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to your contributions here.