Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-x-Sears Lens Compatibility

Hey, everyone. I'm newly registered to the forums, but I've been leaching for quite some time.

In a recent trip to a flea market, I came across a Sears KS SLR and two lenses: a Sears Multi Coated 80-200 auto telephoto, and a Sears Multi Coated 28mm auto prime. I was able to haggle the whole set down to 10USD, and I couldn't pass it up.

I bought the SLR for the focusing screen as I plan to shape it for my K-x, and of course the lenses to add to my shooting collection for my K-x and ME Super. Now, both the Sears camera and its lenses are K-mount and I can interchange my lens collection between the KS and my ME Super just fine, but when I try to put the Sears lenses on my K-x, they get stuck half-way through the rotation and I can't remove then without a fair amount of force. I have never had the problem with other K-mount lenses before, can anyone shed some light, please?

Thanks for your help and time.

07-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DON'T MOUNT THEM YET!

THEY HAVE THE DREADED RICOH PINS ON THEM, AND IF YOU GET THEM ON, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET THEM OFF!

There's a simple fix, but I don't know what it is. Do a search for "Ricoh Pin."

By the way:

Welcome!
07-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
DON'T MOUNT THEM YET!

THEY HAVE THE DREADED RICOH PINS ON THEM, AND IF YOU GET THEM ON, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET THEM OFF!

There's a simple fix, but I don't know what it is. Do a search for "Ricoh Pin."

By the way:

Welcome!
Thanks, Ira.

Yeah, I tried the 28mm on it without a second thought, and I thought I would have to cut up the lens to get it off. I just had to grab the body firmly with one hand, and grip the most stable part of the lens with the other, and twist for dear life. I was afraid of breaking the camera, but I was desperate.
07-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

I've never come across a lens that had one, which is why I can't be more helpful.

I never paid attention to the posts that explain the fix.

07-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Alright, after a search on "ricoh pin" I came across theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix and I followed the steps and it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot for the help, and I hope this post can help future persons with a similar issue.
07-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good advice there from Ira (well done spotted Ira).
07-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bsamcash Quote
Alright, after a search on "ricoh pin" I came across theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix and I followed the steps and it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot for the help, and I hope this post can help future persons with a similar issue.
Do a search HERE for the fix, because I think there's an easier repair than that one.