Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #1

Have lurked for awhile, decided to join

Hello. I've been reading the forum for a few months and decided I'd join.

I started in photography back in '72, having bought a Nikkormat from a friend and mentor. He was teaching photography at a USO in Germany, was a former photojournalist. He taught me b&w shooting/developing and soon I was shooting about 10 rolls a week and processing at night. Film was cheap, $1.00 a roll for Ilford 125.

Built up a nice Nikon system, FTn and lots of lenses, and of course, the trusty Nikkormat. After many years, came into hard times, had to sell the system. Got a KMart Focal brand slr, used it for many many years. Eventually, bought a Pentax ZX-60 and kit lenses, the started getting into digital with the ist-DS and now a K10d. Love them both.

I'm now doing imaging and technical writing for a manufacturing company, taking product shots for instructions on building as well as catalog shots, portraits, company sponsored events, etc. Was using a company supplied Nikon 4500 (it's really a great little camera), then started using my DS with the higher resolution, more control for DOF and white balance, so my product shots are looking much better. I use a DIY light table w/flourescents, also use tungsten halogens and flash.

That's about it. Hope this isn't too long or boring.

08-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some time behind the viewfinder. Look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pshphoto Quote

That's about it. Hope this isn't too long or boring.
Neither long nor boring. I like to hear details of how people use their cameras, and photography, in their work or for art/leisure. Thanks.