Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Glad to be here!

This is my first post in this forum. I've lurked here in the past, and am greatly impressed with the general friendliness and helpful nature of the folks who post here.

I'm a landscape/outdoor photographer with a pretty extensive body of work that you can check out at my website, if you're interested.

My main gear concerns always come back to getting the best resolution of detail and sharpness (that will hold up in 24x30" prints) with the kind of user friendliness and ergonomics that Pentax equipment has always seemed to provide for me (and I have used many other brands in the past).

I'm no snob when it comes to gear that gets the job done.

I'm excited to see the most recent offerings from Pentax and I am hoping they follow through on what seems to be a renewed commitment to quality professional-level bodies and optics.

I'd also like to thank your frequent poster here, Benjikan, as his advice and particularly his unselfish sharing of PS post-processing techniques has been of great help to me. Thanks, Benjamin. I'm hoping I can return the favor sometime.

Glad to be here, and I hope you'll welcome me.

-Geoff
Geoffrey Schmid Photography

08-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to "meet" you. You have some incredible images on that site. Excellent work and vision. looking forward to your picture posts and info. Welcome aboard!!
08-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard. You have some great work posted on your web site. I hope you plan on posting and sharing some of you new stuff here on the forum with us. It is always nice to see what others can do.
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #4

Welcome Geof! (i guess to me too)

great stuff on your site.
that's what i really notice about pentaxians. really friendly and accomodating people. unlike the some snobs i know.. (hey, did i just sound like one!)

CheerS! hope to see new stuff from you.. as for me, am still learning the ropes..

Paeng

08-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Geoffreys....

Welcome Geo......visited your site and must say ...nice work.....been to a few of those places myself quite breathtaking.........good to have you in the forums
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
New stuff

Thanks for your kind comments. By new stuff, I guess you mean something like this ...?
Attached Images

08-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #7

GeoffreyS! Welcome, as a new member myself... you in a good place.

Your work is truly inspiring. I particularly love your Rock and Sand series. You use line like a choreographer. Beautiful movement in all of your work.

Really glad to have you hear and looking forward to seeing more.