Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2006, 04:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Hi! All New and Old Pals!

I just wish to say hello first to all of you here where I am totally new to.

I have seen some of the names here and know that we are quite familiar with each other since we had made numerous discussions before at another forum.

Anyway, I wish to introduce myself again, no matter you know me or not..

I have been a photographer since 1978. My first camera was a Canonet rangefinder with a 40mm/1.7 lens (which optically is superb, the accuracy and the build for the camera is even superb). Ten years later, I decided to build an AFSLR system, I did choose Pentax despite as that time they were actually declining in popularity.

My first SLR was a SFX. In late 1999, my SFX died and there were no spare parts for it anymore, I got a MZ-30 in the 2000 to replace it. Two years later, I got a MZ-S when I was truly in love with Pentax after I also got my 43 Limited lens and my highly regarded "perfect lens" of the FA*85/1.4.

I got my *ist D on the first few days of 2004, which was replaced by a *ist DS and then a K100D. I replaced both the *ist D and DS as I found they were lagging behind in the digital departments plus quite some unsatisfactory performance and problems are found with the models. Frankly speaking, the K100D is the first Pentax DSLR which I found it to be good enough. It does have some problems, too, but overall I accept this DSLR body.

For the Pentax lens collection I have, see my Profile.

To know even more about me, do go to visit my new and latest (Pentax) Blog page, in which all the major links of my website are contained also.

Well, last evening I made my first post with a poll here, at the "Everything Else" section, pls go to make a vote after visiting! :-)

See: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/1063-my-new-pentax-blog-page-launched.html

11-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Don't worry Rice - I'll say hello - even if the others won't.

Hope you're well and busy keeping pentax up to scratch.

Regards

George
11-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi there!
I think you'll like this site. The forum software has a bunch of the stuff that people have been begging for for quite some time.

You can edit posts, tag posts, things are categorized. There is a gallery for posting photos. Browse around and enjoy.
11-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Rice,

I've read your posts on some of the other fora. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Glad you joined us.

11-30-2006, 11:30 PM   #5

Rice, welcome to this friendly forum. Share some pictures with us.

I would like to see some of your work here.

Jeff
12-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Welcome RiceHigh,

I am glad to see you posting here and I hope you will find it a very nice place. Yes some of the old crowd is here and growing every day by leaps and bounds. I hope to see some of your famous posts and pictures.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Quietly Confident Quote

Regards

George
Hello George,
This is the first time I have seen you post also, and I want to Welcome you aboard also. May I say your reputation proceeds you. There are many times I have found humor In reading your posts but always a straight shooting off the cuff post on many subjects. I will be very interested in reading some of your posts here.

Good to have both You and Rice on board. It will be interesting to say the least.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I just wish to say hello first to all of you here where I am totally new to.

I have seen some of the names here and know that we are quite familiar with each other since we had made numerous discussions before at another forum.

Anyway, I wish to introduce myself again, no matter you know me or not..

I have been a photographer since 1978. My first camera was a Canonet rangefinder with a 40mm/1.7 lens (which optically is superb, the accuracy and the build for the camera is even superb). Ten years later, I decided to build an AFSLR system, I did choose Pentax despite as that time they were actually declining in popularity.

My first SLR was a SFX. In late 1999, my SFX died and there were no spare parts for it anymore, I got a MZ-30 in the 2000 to replace it. Two years later, I got a MZ-S when I was truly in love with Pentax after I also got my 43 Limited lens and my highly regarded "perfect lens" of the FA*85/1.4.

I got my *ist D on the first few days of 2004, which was replaced by a *ist DS and then a K100D. I replaced both the *ist D and DS as I found they were lagging behind in the digital departments plus quite some unsatisfactory performance and problems are found with the models. Frankly speaking, the K100D is the first Pentax DSLR which I found it to be good enough. It does have some problems, too, but overall I accept this DSLR body.

For the Pentax lens collection I have, see my Profile.

To know even more about me, do go to visit my new and latest (Pentax) Blog page, in which all the major links of my website are contained also.

Well, last evening I made my first post with a poll here, at the "Everything Else" section, pls go to make a vote after visiting! :-)

See: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/1063-my-new-pentax-blog-page-launched.html
Welcome RiceHigh. I guess we do have a bit in common... :-P

This place is a different thing altogether, nice and relaxed talk...

Cheers,
-Asad

12-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quietly Confident Quote

Regards

George
Welcome George. Looking forward to your posts here, an all Pentax establishment.

Cheers,
-Asad
12-01-2006, 07:02 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Big Thx to All!

QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote
Welcome RiceHigh. I guess we do have a bit in common... :-P

This place is a different thing altogether, nice and relaxed talk...

Cheers,
-Asad
My big thanks to all you folks. Hope no more fightings here anymore ;-) no matter what I raise any topics on open discussions :-)))

To QC or George: I bet you've been agained banned at Dpreview forum, just you dare to start a thread to quote my blog page over there! :-D Thank you anyway!