Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi everybody pleased to meet you all

Hi, am new to photography, had an old pentax compact which packed up on me so looked at compacts to replace it but being blind as a bat without my glasses did not like them being that most do not now have a view finder, turned 50 the other year and never did treat myself plus with the wife always saying "when are you going to treat yourself to something from me", after reading all the magazine reviews decided on the K-x, on going to my local camera store in leicester the man behind the counter did all he could to convince me that i would be better buying the canon d500 after showing me cameras from sony and nikon,he did not seem interested in pushing the Pentax brand much at all.
one other camera i was interested in was the nikon D3000 only because it had the guide mode support and not knowing zit about photography i was very tempted, stuck with my gut instinct and left with the K-x twin lens kit (18-55) (55-300).
had a play with it yesterday and got a little worried put a set of fully charged batteries in and after a few hours they went dead, googled the problem on my mac and now have updated firmware and updated my camera utility 4 software.
I first hope i have made the right camera choice and secondly i hope i can get my head around the tech stuff and learn how to use my pentax to take some smashing photos
glad i found this site and am hoping you folks can advise and steer me in the right direction
cheers

08-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure that you'll learn all that you need here- and that you'll be happy with your new camera. Welcome!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new equipment.
08-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by muppet man Quote
had a play with it yesterday and got a little worried put a set of fully charged batteries in and after a few hours they went dead, googled the problem on my mac and now have updated firmware and updated my camera utility 4 software.
Welcome to the site!

The Kx is a bit of a pain with respect to rechargeables however we've been shooting Energizer Lithiums and are more than happy with the results at 4000+ shutters per set.

The other alternative is to get the highest quality rechargables you can get your hands on.