Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greeting fellow Pentaxians. I come in Peace

I'm anxiously awaiting my new Pentax K-x DSLR. I've been out of photography for a while, my last 'Real' camera was a Pentax SLR K1000, but it has sat in the closet for years as I've explored the world of mediocre point and shoot digital cameras. Please forgive my transgressions. I'm back in the world of real photography and can't wait to start taking some good pictures once again. This forum looks like it's full of tons of useful information and you should all be very proud of what you have built. I'm glad to be a new member.

08-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome! Hopefully you have some manual lenses that you can also put to use on the K-x.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Welcome, Damian!

Really nice sentiments!
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I do indeed have some manual lenses to put to use and I can't wait to see how they perform on the DSLR. They were both great, super sharp lenses for film and I'm hoping they will serve me well for digital. In case you are wondering I have a Pentax-A 28mm F2.8 and a Kiron 80-200mm F4.5 Macro Zoom w/ Zoom Lock. Then of coarse I have the two kit lenses that come with the Pentax K-x, the DA L 18-55 and the DA L 50-200. I also have a red headed step child of a lens (RKN MC Auto Zoom 35-70MM F3.5-4.5, MACRO) hidden away where I haven't been able to find it. I've looked all over the house and haven't been able to locate it anywhere. Hopefully I gave it away and just don't remember. No loss really, it wasn't a great lens anyway.

08-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, get those old lenses dusted down and put back to work, let them earn their place in your photo bag.
08-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #6

Original Poster
I've already put some of my old lenses to work and have 'acquired' a few more Pentax-a from a local Flea Market at a very good price.
08-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Damian,

Photography is more than film or digital. May you find you images in both realms.
08-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! You are starting out well established from a lens standpoint. May you r light always be perfect!