Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Everyone!

I'm Julie and I'm very happy to be a part of this website.
I've been looking around here since spring when I picked up my first SLR; a K1000. Back then, I didn't know ANYTHING about film photography and SLR cameras, with the help of the threads here, I caught on and got the basics down, so thanks for that! I expected my pictures to come out awful, but I was kinda surprised and impressed at how rich the colors were and the clarity of the prints. After developing a few more rolls, my mom said this had to stop; getting film developed around here is $8.99 a roll and those $8.99's were quickly adding up... for the rest of the spring and well into summer, I've been saving up my money for a DSLR. After looking around in store, reading online reviews, and much thinking; a Pentax sounded like the obvious choice, mainly because I already had 4 manual lenses that I used with my K1000. So, I purchased my K-x just a few weeks ago and I am very happy with it. I'm afraid that I've STILL got loads of questions and I'm very far from being a decent photographer, but maybe you guys can help me out a bit? I'm starting highschool this year, but I don't have the opportunity to take film photography until 10th grade and then digital photography in 11th. But it's never too late to start photography, is it?

Oh and I'm guessing that the majority of the members here a pretty older than me, so I'm sorry if I sound like a little annoying newbie... haha

08-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new cameras. You'll have lots of fun with them.
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldschool Quote
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new cameras. You'll have lots of fun with them.
Thank you for the welcome, I'm really happy with them.
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to ask questions. I'm not very good myself, but have received some very good information in posts (like you) and on any questions I've asked.

08-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
08-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. no need to guess with me, I'm a lot older.