Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi all

Hello all,
Iím Mohsin from Saudi Arabia! Iím new in photography with simple experience hoping to develop it here! A few months ago I sold all Canon gears I have and replace them with Pentax! seeking maximum sharpness with ideal price!

I like macro photography too much but in fact Iím very disappointed with sigma 105 mm macro in magnification! I used to use the Canon 100mm macro and it was very great. But now Iím not happy with the result of Sigma 105mm on pnetax! It doesnít read the focus closely!,I think it requires a macro extension tube! which reduce the quality! all in all I regret not to buy the Pentax Macro lens, which as I notice it work much better for Pentax than Sigma. I donít know if the expert of macro here could agree with me about this or not?

Best regards,
Mohsin.

08-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DFA100mm macro really holds some solid ground- but I think the Sigma isn't bad, either. You can compare them in our lens databases: Pentax Lens Review Database - Lens Listings

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is it possible your Sigma lens is faulty? Good luck with the problem & welcome to the forums Mohsin.
08-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hello Adam,
you are right and I agree with you.
I believe that Pentax lenses are 100% fit on Pentax Cameras! Canon lenses are 100% fit on Canon camers. But sometimes I look to the issue from different aspects. What I mean that it is not possible for any company to let another competing company to produce the same product with same quality and less price! This is not possible in Marketing or production concepts!
Usually the second party produce with less quality but satisfying to some degree and this is under an agreement with the original company. I heard that, but not sure about it , that the sensors in Pentax will read much better from Pentax lenses than other lenses made by different party and the same issue in Canon and Nickon.

08-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hello carl,
thank you very much.
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the site. I am not a macro expert, but have been looking at the Panagor 90mm at some point in time. It has been highly recommended on this site and others. I've also heard very good things about the D FA 100mm Macro also though.
08-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I spent a few years within the Kingdom in the late seventies and early eighties. Just an amazing country, with many great photo opportunities.
08-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #8

Original Poster
hello opiet70
thank u 4 sharing ...I agree with u... D FA 100mm Macro is the best 4 Pentax

08-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #9

Original Poster
hello kerrowdown
I hope u enjoy livin in Saudi. The culture here is quite different from any other places in the world, and not easy to acclimatize yourself with it. It is interesting to discover new things in our live and photographers are very keen find out and draw with light the new discoveries 