Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hello

Hi, I'm Steve from England and I've just bought myself a K100d and would like to take my hobby a little more seriously and learn more. I love fishing and nature, which makes up most of my subjects. I also keep 68 Tarantulas which are also my subjects in photography. I thought this would be a good place to start!

08-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! You've come to the right place

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I'm looking forward to learning more and hopefully making the right choices with equipment
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Forum Member

Cant wait to see the pics of the Tarantulas!!!!

08-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Theres one already in my album! I havent got around to take many yet with the Pentax, when I feed them I'll try and get some photos, they can be a pain sometimes and you only see a lightning fast strike and then they dart back down their burrows, I'm hoping to learn the techniques that will allow me to capture the hunt as it were. All my other photos are were taken with a Nikon and I won't post those here.
08-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I must admit not a great fan of the big spiders, you can't use 'em as fishing bait can you, there would be a few less then.