Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #1

Peace! Kai from Malaysia

Hello there, name's Kai and I'm from Malaysia. However, I'm currently pursuing my studies in Saint Cloud, Minnesota (the States). So future photographs that I take will probably be of the U.S. than Malaysia.

I'm currently using a blue-colored Pentax Kx that I bought online along with the 18-55m kit lens and an old Pentax SMC 50mm 1.4 takumar.

The 50mm prime is my favorite lens, but recently it sort of... broke and the aperture ring doesn't work anymore. It's permanently stuck on 1.4 unless I flip it around and manually move that small lever at the back of the lens.

I'm currently saving to buy myself a Sigma 50mm 1.4 as I've read around here that it's fairly decent, though comparisons between that and the Pentax SMCP FA 50mm seems contentious.

I've actually been trawling the lens-sales section for some time now, but as I've been rather unsure if I want to dedicate myself to a forum (it takes real dedication to be a good forumer imo) I've never introduced myself until now.

Well, that's a little bit about me =)

Oh oh! I have my own "photoblog" here. Not trying to advertise it, but if anyone would give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it. I'll have to get into the habit of posting them here for feedback once I get back to the States.

p.s. I like to write. I'm a journalism major.

08-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! A very well-designed site you've got

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2010, 02:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks man. Wordpress is actually surprisingly easy to manipulate once you get the hang of it. And truth be told I just made some minor changes from an already beautiful template.