Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good day from Alabama

I own a freshly refurbished SP1000 with Super-Takumar 55/2, and I love the variety of M42 lenses and bodies still available today. In M42 mount I also own two Fujica ST605s, a Praktica LTL 3 that needs some work, and a near-mint Hanimex Praktica Super TL that I got only because it came attached to a Meyer-Optik Oreston 50/1.8. The Oreston stays on my SP; the S-T stays on my best ST605 because the Oreston contacts the mirror at close focus.

The SP comes to hand and eye like a good rangefinder (I love rangefinders, too, and own several), and I tend to take an RF approach to photography even with my SP and ST605. But I do love moderate close-up detail shots with my normal lenses, which makes the SLR a little more versatile. The 50-58mm focal range is my best shooting friend.

08-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Great to see a film user- welcome! We're currently working on a screwmount database (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/100370-pentax-...-database.html) and also have a database of takumars (Pentax M42 Screwmount Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database) which you might be interested in

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you, Adam. I had lurked in the databases before posting ...
08-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Awesome start. Welcome to the clubhouse.

08-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, an interesting equipment mix you have there.