Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello

Hello everyone.

Having been using this excellent site for some time for the lens' reviews, I felt it was time to join up and join in.

I am a relative newcomer to Pentax, having inherited my Grandfather's k1000 and having used it in the last few months. Before then, I had used beginner to mid-level Canon SLRs (400D,450D,500D,550D) and occasionally high end Canon (5DmkII) and various point and click cameras - all digital, and using film was totally new to me.

However, I love the difference - the knowledge that every shot costs money is a fantastic incentive to pay attention to composition - combined with the need to set everything manually. Rather than just fire off 10 shots of a subject and hope for the best, I would spend much longer getting one great shot - and it will consequently be much better than any of those 10 digital shots.

I love the sharpness and bokeh effexts I can achieve with my pentax lenses, and I love the somehow-indescribable film look that prints have, soft but sharp, more organic looking.

So, hello to everyone, I really like the site and am hoping to get to know many of you by contributing to the forum here.

08-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome- glad to see another lurker emerge from the shadows
08-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcom Meta what?

just kidding. But YEAH another FILM user. Welcome to the Light Side as in Bright i.e. Smart, Cool, Pentaxian.
08-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, lots of good stuff in here for film users.