Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hey there from PA!

Hello Pentax Forums!

I used to do film photography back in college (used an ancient Minolta) and loved it. I bought a Nikon D40 a few years ago, but never really got the hang of using it and hence sold it. I've been missing photography something fierce lately and started hunting around for a good beginner level dSLR.

I came across someone on another forum selling a K100D and while I decided not to purchase that one it got my interest peaked in Pentax. To be honest Pentax was not even on my radar. I have been firmly entranced by Canikon's offerings (in P+S and dSLR) for as long as I can remember. I started researching the K100D and other Pentax offerings and found out that they are solidly built and beginner friendly. I love forums and came upon this awesome place. Man, it is really lively here! I can tell the vibe is good too. Lot's of friendly and helpful people around.

A forum member here offered me a great deal on a K100D Super package and am currently saving up to take it off their hands. In the meantime I need to brush up on the basics of SLR photography. I am going to go check out the book "Understanding Exposure" at my local Borders. Are there any other resources online or print that you could recommend I check out?

Enough of my babbling. Let's get back to the pics!

Cheers,
Steve

08-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Here's two pics of one of my favorite subjects, our Shiba Inu named Lorna. These were taken with a Canon P+S.