Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

First dSLR ever

Just want to say hi to all of you, photography lovers I got my Pentax KX four months ago, which was my first SLR ever in my entire life. I got tired of ‘point’n’shooting’ when my dream finally came true. But how quickly did I discover the difference a lens can make… I don’t look at the other people’s camera bodies anymore but their lenses, the most important and expensive part of the system. The body is just accessory to the lens Once you get hooked, there is always the need to upgrade! For right now I’m happy what I got 18-50 and 50-200 but I have to keep switching them when I’m out there shooting like crazy
Happy shooting!!
Steve

08-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Steve - I smell LBA coming on...
Enjoy your time on the forum.
08-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
It's amazing how quickly LBA comes on. I've had my K-7 probably slightly under the amount of time you've had your K-x... and my lens collection is already rather beastly

Welcome
08-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Ash I think LBA is inevitable once you have an eye what a certain lens can do to make your photo perfect. And you always want your photos to be perfect. And there comes the 'wow' effect we are hunting for. But it takes the appropriate lens!

08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome.
I remember when I got my first dslr.
Then came LBA but also the need for all the little other things that make photography easier.
Like the tripod, a filter, the cable shutter release, and some post processing programs that you like, and well many other things that pop into our heads as the photography bug evolves.
Enjoy, It's a good time.