Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

Intro from Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Hello and thanks to all those who have contributed to this invaluable site that I used and continue to use to inform my photographic and purchasing decisions. I have recently come back into SLR photography (K7) having been an 80's OM1 user.

I have a passion for fungi and fly-fishing (sometimes even together) and find myself often in poor light and wet weather which is ironic when living on the Sunshine Coast.

I hope to be able to contribute positively to this forum over the next few years and thanks again to all who make it possible.

Regards,
M

08-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Mycol,
I too have just joined this site and am interested in shooting fungi (and flowers) and also live in QLD. You might be interested in some of my Fungi images from the wet tropics of Queensland taken with a bridge camera ------> Fungus - a set on Flickr
Regards,
Darren.
08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

Darren,

great set of fungi shots, amazing variety, not surprised many are unidentified though Ron and others seem able to help out.

Are you aware of the Fungimap group; national but based at RBG Melbourne. There are definitely a few members up your way and will probably have local forays and may even run occasional ID workshops.

Happy 'shrooming,
M
08-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, I thought you meant you ate Fungi whilst fly fishing. It couldn't be too bad could it?

Welcome to the forums M. Look forward to seeing some mushrooms from QL. Do you get the Magic type growing up there?