Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #1

Hi!! New here

Hello! I am a 26 yr old mom and wife who loves to take pics! I have been trying to expand my knowledge and hobby so I sprung for my first DSLR. I have been having so much fun learning this camera, manual settings, photoshop etc, but I have been having a problem with my camera underexposing pics (I just compensate in Manual mode, but if my husband wants to use it he has no idea how to use the manual mode, so therefor I havent been appearing in too many pics since I recieved my pentax!). Anways, my husband found this forum and said "you have got to sign up for this forum, this looks like exactly what you need!" so here I am.

I am excited to explore your forums and troubleshoot my camera. I have a Pentex K-x with an 18-55 lens. Learning Manual and loving it!

08-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #2

Original Poster

just a few pics of min for an intro
08-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And a fine way to introduce yourself CEWren - welcome!
You seem to have compensated wuite well with the underxposure issue with these images.
Have a read about metering modes, and when to use them by browsing through the articles section of this forum. You may realise how much can be fixed by a little setting and technique adjustment.

Enjoy your photographic journey and your time on this forum.
08-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Welcome welcome. When my kids were small I was chasing them around with a K1000 (fully manual film). There are plenty of knowledgable people here that can help you with pretty much any issue you may have.

08-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum. I hope you get as much benefit from it as I have
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks! I did make a few adjustments and they seem to have helped. I am trying to get better with metering and also with white balance. I am wondering if it would be useful for me to get a graycard?

I am glad to be here actually. I have a few other photo forums I check on and I am a bit put off by there dislike of Pentax... dont knock it till ya try it! they feel so much better in my hands, and do everything and more than there camera's! glad to have found fellow penax users!