Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #1

Hi, im back..

Hi all,

Ive been registered for a fair while but absent..life gets on top of you and you run outta internerd time when family and other pursuits demand more attention..

ive had a K100D for about 3 years, and besides for a few minor electronic tantrums its served me well, my main photography subject is weather and Lightning, and for this its done its duty..its been drenched, knocked about and together with the Naff bugger that was using it at the time..Zapped quite well on December 13 last year..the camera had a few minor ill effects, but otherwise still functional...i had a lil fly across the yard, a small burn on my hip and left foot...

with the new storm season coming ive decided it was time to upgrade to a better unit, so ive now purchased a K-7 with the 18-55mm WR kit lens and i plan on getting more into the thick of things this year..

i also have a few "love jobs" shooting weddings and a few Glamour practice models to experiment with..

so thats me and my pentax stable..ive got a mix of lens..and i like to shoot weather and landscapes..and skin..

08-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking forward to seeing those lightning shots? And are you saying your K10D got struck by lightning and lived to see the day?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
K100d...and it was an indirect strike off a fence that got struck about 100m away...

ive got quite a few photos on photobucket and on Deviant Art..

im no pro by any means but i really enjoy my lightning!
08-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow- good you weren't the victim of that strike!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #5

Original Poster
yeah..the secondary shock was enough to give me chest pains and a few other lil issues..

i am really looking forward to this season...and using my new Camera...but ill play it on the safe side a bit..

The K100d is now my wife's and shes learning about photography now too...it still functions ok..but has a few little issues now with the whole shutter flipping fit thing it does and the cable remote sockets an unwilling accomplice nowadays..as with the cable switch..so ill have to do a work around somewhere there..