Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi All

Let's see what should I say? My first 35mm camera was a Spotmatic in 1967, then I went to Nikon (sorry) in '71. I went digital in 99 and have used Nikon, Fuji and Pentax (Optio 555). In October the Vice president of Marketing for Pentax showed me the K10D and I knew this was to be my first DSLR. While waiting for delivery, I've been looking for lenses and just purchased a SMC FA 2.8 100mm Macro. So as soon as it arrives I'll be more active in the group. Until then, I'll just lurk.

While I shoot almost everything the last three years have been devoted to Model photography, shooting for their portfolios and web sites. I have a profile on OneModelPlace, member #28729 and Model Mayhem #575. All the images there are done with the Fuji S7000 & S9000 but will soon be shot with the Pentax. Please be advised that some of the images posted to those profiles are rated "R". Please do not be offended.

Guess that's about it. I look forward to learning a lot about the Pentax and sharing what info I can with everyone.

Michael

11-30-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Rothman Quote
Let's see what should I say? My first 35mm camera was a Spotmatic in 1967, then I went to Nikon (sorry) in '71. I went digital in 99 and have used Nikon, Fuji and Pentax (Optio 555). In October the Vice president of Marketing for Pentax showed me the K10D and I knew this was to be my first DSLR. While waiting for delivery, I've been looking for lenses and just purchased a SMC FA 2.8 100mm Macro. So as soon as it arrives I'll be more active in the group. Until then, I'll just lurk.

While I shoot almost everything the last three years have been devoted to Model photography, shooting for their portfolios and web sites. I have a profile on OneModelPlace, member #28729 and Model Mayhem #575. All the images there are done with the Fuji S7000 & S9000 but will soon be shot with the Pentax. Please be advised that some of the images posted to those profiles are rated "R". Please do not be offended.

Guess that's about it. I look forward to learning a lot about the Pentax and sharing what info I can with everyone.

Michael
welcome aboard! another member of the "waiting for the k10" club
sounds like your expertise will be infomative and handy around here.
looking forward to your input....
BTW, great choice on the macro lens

cheers

randy
12-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
welcome Michael,
I hope you find us a good group and that you get the FA 100 soon. I would love to see you posting here as a regular.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David