Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #1

Owdo from Bolton!

I've returned to the Pentax fold... but I nearly didn't!

After years of faithful service my old Olympus C-765 acquired a fault, so having started a new job as writer & photographer for a magazine I decided to bite the bullet and spend hard cash on a new DSLR.

Being honest (please don't abuse me!!), I had decided on a Nikon D5000, but my camera shop had other ideas. As I have big hands the D5000 didn't fit, and as I'd be out taking pics of 4x4's in miserable conditions playing in mud etc, he recommended the K20D.

And that's when it all made sense, my very first camera was a ME Super, and I loved it!

So, I bought the K20D with the 18-55mm lens for £499, which looking around at various websites seems to be a bit of a bargain... I like bargains!

I'm now in search of a decent wide angled lens, and the initial Google search brought me here to the hoooooge thread on the Sigma 10-20mm, which I suspect is going to be my first buy.

So that's it for my intro, I expect I'll be mithering you all soon asking daft newbie type questions on why the image colours I see through the viewfinder aren't the same once I've pressed the button!

BTW, in case you're wondering, 'owdo' is a northern (England) term which is short for 'how are you doing?', or 'hello'!

BTW, BTW, isn't it funny how on a Pentax forum the word Pentax is underlined as if I've spelt it incorrectly!

09-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have another Brit in here, good luck with the new job.