Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from San Francisco

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone. I'm a retired software engineer and project manager from HP - an avid photo hobbiest - and Pentax K10D owner for the past 2+ years.

While the K10D has served me well and truly become an extension of my right hand, I'm hoping the upcoming K5 will turn out to be the upgrade path I'm looking for. Particularly when it comes to high-ISO performance and fast/accurate focus.

In any case, this is where I hang out on Flickr:
Flickr: bats...'s Photostream

Best regards,
Bob

09-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #2

Original Poster
P.S. My first SLR was the Pentax ZX-50. Loved that camera... and maybe someday it will come out of retirement. But with the cost of film developing and my habit of taking 10-20 shots per day, maybe not (or maybe only on special occasions).

09-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bats Quote
Just a quick note to say hello to everyone. I'm a retired software engineer and project manager from HP - an avid photo hobbiest - and Pentax K10D owner for the past 2+ years.

While the K10D has served me well and truly become an extension of my right hand, I'm hoping the upcoming K5 will turn out to be the upgrade path I'm looking for. Particularly when it comes to high-ISO performance and fast/accurate focus.
Hi Bob. Welcome to the forum!
High ISO performance, maybe. Fast AF, unlikely...
09-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Well anything better than the K10D will be appreciated :-)

Also looking forward to having live-view to compose shots. I do a fair number of shots from odd angles (overhead, down near the ground, or arms-outstretched over a ledge) where I can't easily peer through the viewfinder.

09-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome! I'm also from the Bay Area. Seems like there's a lot of Pentax people here.
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks, jct. There are a number of us, but we're still very much in the minority. Of the 40-50 local flickr photographers I've met, I'm only one of two who own a Pentax.