Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #1

ugh, my noob/intro thread

hey everyone,

i've played around with photography on and off for a couple years, but haven't really taken it seriously. i recently bought a k100d kit, tripod, some filters, flash, etc and have been much more successful this time around (being the 3rd time I've purchased an SLR).

i had a 1st gen Rebel G, shot it for a couple months then sold it, then when the d50 first came out, picked one up, shot it for a couple months then sold it. but now it's different, i have time to go out in shoot, i live in a beautiful city and am putting together a home studio for portrait and macro/product work.

i'm from washington state and have lived all over oregon, washington and texas. i'm a professional chef by trade, culinary school graduate and an avid culinarian/culinazi/food snob which is where photography fits into my life, hoping to dive into "food pr0n" as my main hobby.

CN: i'm a chef from seattle, born again thrice photographer

09-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #2

Welcome born again photog! Will be nice to see your shots. As a chef, I would be so tempted to take food shots. Interesting aside, I ditched a D50 myself after using it only a couple of months. Since I have no personal aspirations of greatness or burning desire to upgrade to this or that, I do believe I'll hang on tight to my 100D - it has certainly been my "happy" cam.
09-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol ... I'm pretty sure I know what that handle represent (you're going to have to provide a link to your gallery with pix of the monster in your sig )... but boy that's a lot of letters! (really bites into your post's realestate)

Nice ta meet ya. You already got the best upgrade there is ... tripod!
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
m80, i actually have 3 tripods now! hahaha, i bought a Sunpak last month, a dynatran carbon fiber last week and i totally forgot about the manfrotto in the back of my car in my parents shop (visiting for the weekend).

i'm really stoked on food photography, the next week or two i'm implementing a new menu so i'll be cycling in/out of things so all sorts of new products will be coming in.

yeah, my username is long and annoying and pertains to my car which is a rare 1984 subaru turbo wagon.