Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #1

Hi from Ekaterinburg

Hi all. Excellent forum, I have been using the forum's resources for sometime as a passive reader. Finally decided to post some stuff. I owned a camera or two or three for the last 33 years. My introduction to Pentax was via a RICOH KR-10 Super with K-mount for which I bought the beautiful SMC-M 135mm (I still own both and recently bought some film, almost finished a 36 shot roll). I even managed to make all that gear pay for itself selling shots from performances to actors for their portfolios.

Never bothered to go professional since.

After a (too long!) while of not using an SLR I am now a quite contented owner of a K-x (after disappointing 1 yr ownership of a K-m which I sold for a half of what I paid for it).

So here I am.

For those wondering - Ekaterinburg is in Russia, here (on Google Maps)

Below are some shots to give you an idea of what this city looks like (to me at least).

some of my photos of Ekaterinburg here - a flirkr set

Last edited by Mikhail_Kriviniouk; 09-06-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: to refer to the set of better resized images on flickr
09-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from sunny Middle East from formerly your fellow citizen. You live in a beautiful city.
09-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see your intro after a few of your images on the critique forum.
Some nice scenes captured here.
Welcome.
09-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
Pentax for me started with a RICOH :)

This baby still works, and I have a nice Pentax SMC-M 135mm f3.5 for it as well - would be interesting to see what, if anything, I can still do with film. So far I have shot 28 out of 36 frames of one of the couple of rolls I bought recently for a laugh - funny how much fewer clicks I tend to make while holding this camera rather than a digital....

Last edited by Mikhail_Kriviniouk; 09-06-2010 at 02:23 AM.
09-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #5

Privet Mikhail!

Yes, you are working more consciously with film. I have the firm intention of setting aside the digital and shoot a roll or two with my old Spotmatic - to force myself to concentrate a bit mor on what I am actually doing. I have become a bit lazy, using the digital...

Looking forward on seeing some of your pictures.