Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #1

Hello from NY

Hey guys!

I'm new to the world of dslr's and I'm glad to announce that I'll be a first time dslr user with PENTAX! I'm thinking about purchasing the k-x especially because of it's low light performance!

I'm lovin' the community here and hoping to be here for a while.

09-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You will love the high ISO performance of the Kx and you will love the price too. If you are not already considering it, think about the Kx with the 2 lens kit. The DAL 55-300 is a very nice lens and the kit can be had for less than $700. Also be sure to explore this entire website, there is useful information all over it.
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #3

Original Poster
After doing some extensive extensive research of more than 30 hours - comparing the canon t2i, nikon d90, the k-x, and even the k-7 - I finally had the guts to just go and make the purchase! Just the basic 18-55mm though =] as I will be using the camera mostly for indoor and close shots.

The k-x just stands out! As a beginner to the world of dslrs, I don't need all the bells and whistles of the t2i, d90, or k-7.

Looking forward to purchasing either the tamron 17-50mm, or da 16-50mm and maybe a prime 50mm as well in the near future!

7 days and it will be here!!!!!
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Good work on the research.
I'm sure you'll be pleased with your choice.
Enjoy your time here and your new K-x.

11-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
It's been over a month now and man! I have to say that I'm really enjoying the k-x! Anyone out there that is skeptical in buying the k-x - JUST BUY IT!!!!