Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #1

Wet in the UK

Hi peeps. Great Forum Adam.

I have been interested in photography for most of my life but haven't participated much. I'd like to change that.

The camera system I have at the moment is the Four Thirds System. I won't "Review" any product as I, the user, may be the weakest link! But I do have an opinion. Four Thirds isn't for me. Lack of affordable lenses and small view finder.

This leaves Canon, Nikon and Sony. Sony isn't for me either (Sensor aside) and the only Nikon or Canon I would consider are the D80 or EOS 40d. I like the LCD's. But again, a bit too much.

Sigma's SD14 was of interest too. The Sensor and dust shield that lent it's self to IR photography. But again, a little too much.

So why Pentax (Samsung)? Cheap! No not really. Affordable. The models I looked at were the K10d (GX10) and the K20d (GX20) basically based on price. Although I would have preferred the 20 it's the Samsung GX10 I have opted for (availability and price). The other reason is simply lens support. I'm spoilt for choice. Pentax has a system that can be added to at affordable prices.

Moving away from the 4/3 sensor size will also give me a much brighter and bigger view through the finder. This is a major reason for not investing in this system. Pentax is intergrated and mature.

To round off. PentaxForums.com (another good reason to go Pentax/Samsung) is just a wealth of info and reference that puts others - well, rather under exposed!

stu

09-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, and welcome

I could have sworn I've already replied, and I'm sure you already know about it, but I'd like to turn your attention to the Marketplace, where you'll definitely find what you're looking for!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome and source link. There's a lot of "wet in the uk" about lately
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM   #4
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the site View

09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, Staffs may well be wet, I feel sure we can't be far behind you here in the Highlands.
09-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes