Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #1

Ireland Calling

Hey guys,
This has to be the best forum ever. Thanks Adam for the 'welcome' email. This place feels alot more like a community then I first thought. The threads I have read and the replies in them are really helpful. Anyway, enough about how great this place is.

My name is Owen, I'm from Ireland and beginning a photographic course. Purchased a SF7 (SF10 in the U.S) with M42 adapter and bought a SMC Takumar 50mm f.14, Super Takumer 105mm f2.8, Jupiter-9 85mm f2 and hoping to get a decent 35mm, 135mm and wide angle.

So glad I went with Pentax, with their range of cameras, lenses, accessories..and of course this forum.

Just one thing to begin. Does anybody know of a reputable camera and lense repair and refurbishment company in either the UK of Ireland to recondition my camera and lenses?

Last edited by penoh1891; 09-18-2010 at 08:51 AM.
09-18-2010, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm glad to hear you think so, and welcome once again!

FYI, you'll probably get more responses to your repair question if you posted in one of the main discussion forums

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we Scots have a great affinity with the Irish, we just make such good drinking buddies.

09-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, we Scots have a great affinity with the Irish, we just make such good drinking buddies.
Thanks. And what you write is definitely true, there are few things in which we differ...except the spelling of whiskey...I'm sure you'd correct me on that.

I see by your avatar that you got a bit more rain then us. Pity our hobbies are so limited by the weather!!!
09-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Yes, but is it true that the Irish gave the pipes to the Scots as a joke but you guys never understood the joke? But now if it's whiskey that interests the two of you, come on over here for a visit and we'll take a two hour trip up the road to the Jack Daniels distillery.

Anyway, penoh1891 welcome to the forum.

CW
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Nice to see someone else from Eire on here

Welcome from a newbie myself!
09-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks straightshooter and Michelleans. I'm loving pentaxforums.com and love being a Pentaxian..cant see myself being anything else!