Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
New dslr user from engalnd.

Hi,

My name is Ross and i am from england, i live in a little city called Wells.

So i have been doing a small bit of photography for a while now on a Panasonic FZ-28 bridge camera which i must admit has been amazing, especially with the birth of my son last year but i feel the need to step it up a little now and after nearly a month of extensive research on dslr's, new models, best models and pricing the Pentax KX seems to come out on top all the time for my price range.
I was considering a Sony alpha 500 or 550 as i will be doing a lot of action shots and second hand they came into my budget but they are a lacking a few of the key features that the Pentax KX has and with the video it clinched it for me as i will be using the camera for mostly my baby boy and photos and film of my rc cars. Now i know the video may not be the best but i do already have a dedicated hd video camera so not a problem, just nice to have the added bonus of video on the KX.
I will also be doing a lot of low light photos due to my job having long hours so most of my photos will be in the evening and with the KX being at the top of its game with great iso levels it was a must have purchase.
I will hopefully be purchasing the Kx in the next couple of weeks from my local camera shop which is a pentax main dealer here in the uk which will be great for support and further purchases in the future.
Great to see so much help and support on here to, it will make some great reading while i wait for my KX to arrive.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

Ross.

09-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Ross. I used to own an Fz28, great little camera. The Pentax KX was my upgrade also and I am very happy with it. It's night and day once you get used to it. You will find many helpful tips on this forum and good deals on lenses too which I'm sure you will get into eventually.

Cheers
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Ross.
The K-x is still making waves around the world I see.
Look forward to seeing the scenes of Wells through your lenses.