Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings from Carolina!

Hi There from South of the Border; Finally decided to take the plunge into action! I am an enthusiast and have been snapping away for sometime yet discipline has eluded me. I sat here one night typing away resplendently for what seemed like hours only to hit submit and nothing happen. So now I will just sum up.
I've been shooting Pentax for over 25 years and still find myself getting caught-up in the moment and snapping away hoping to "Capture the Moment" in such a way so I could share the experience with those whom could not be there and winding up with "you should of been there." (because something was lost in the translation) from my wonderment through the viewfinder to the photo I held in my hand.
I have a K10D and had a D80 two lens kit in my possesion and returned it for- sensor cleaning, and backwards compatabilty. I have since expanded my 'glass' (after hearing much debate) too include the Pentax DA* 16-50mm F2.8 and Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro along with lens from my Pentax A3000(rip-'09). Now, (insert comment here) I'll work on technique.
I am thrilled at the prospects and hopeful that I may be able to convey in an image (and not by chance) "The Moment".
Cheers, Mark

09-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Mark,
Where are you from in Carolina? I have spent decent amounts of time in both of them. Great places to shoot in either one!
09-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Mark and well done on investing in Pentax glass. You'll see the difference it makes to your results.
Enjoy your time here.
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottie137 Quote
Mark,
Where are you from in Carolina? I have spent decent amounts of time in both of them. Great places to shoot in either one!
Upstate South Carolina- been here a little over three years (Spartanburg). I have enjoyed exploring the area and continue to find new places all the time. Thanks for response.

09-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Welcome Mark and well done on investing in Pentax glass. You'll see the difference it makes to your results.
Enjoy your time here.
Thanks! Seems to work fine so-far.