Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Small steps into the DSLR world

Hi,

Just dropping a line to say hi to all and to intro myself. I'm a complete novice and get bamboozled with all the specifications and tech talk!!! Pentax has always been in my family. I don't have a DSLR but hope to one day.......almost got a Kx for my birthday but my partner wanted to get me a Nikon....he doesn't understand the world of Pentax, and I thought this was for my hobby!!!!
At the moment all I have is my compact Optio555 I got back in 2004 and want to up grade into a DSLR - the Kx, I've had a friend tell me all about the great things that the Kx can do and feel that it suits my capabilities and what I want to get out of photography as a pastime.
I've uploaded some of my photos in my profile that I took on my trip OS with the Optio and I was surprised with some of the shots and that trip lit a small fire in me to go a little further with photography.

Bye for now
Cheers
Marie

09-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Marie, glad to have you on board. There's a new Pentax coming out at the end of the year, the Pentax K-5, might pay to save your pennies for that one.
09-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks!!

I had heard to expect great things from the K5, so I wait with $$ in my pocket!!!