Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #1

Say Hello from Beijing

Dear All,

I am from Beijing, China. My gear are K7, FA31, FA77, and DA35, I am so happy in this family.

09-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Forum Member

Hello Joly! If those "88" represent your birth year, than I suppose we're of the same age! Glad you're here!
09-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joly88 Quote
Dear All,

I am from Beijing, China. My gear are K7, FA31, FA77, and DA35, I am so happy in this family.
Hello, Joly88, welcome to the forum.

I travelled to Shanghai (for the World Expo) earlier in May this year. I didn't find too many people carrying Pentax, except in one occasion, I found a young lady with her K-x; and she knew what she was doing judging by the way she approaches the intened subject -flower, the lighting and angle etc. What is the Pentax presence like in Beijing? Can you buy Pentax cameras easily in the camera shop around the city?
09-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikheil88 Quote
Hello Joly! If those "88" represent your birth year, than I suppose we're of the same age! Glad you're here!
Hi Mikheil88, I really wish 88 is my birth year, I am much older. Nice to meet you here too.

09-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Hello, Joly88, welcome to the forum.

I travelled to Shanghai (for the World Expo) earlier in May this year. I didn't find too many people carrying Pentax, except in one occasion, I found a young lady with her K-x; and she knew what she was doing judging by the way she approaches the intened subject -flower, the lighting and angle etc. What is the Pentax presence like in Beijing? Can you buy Pentax cameras easily in the camera shop around the city?
Hi Aleonx3,

Yes, you are right, Pentax is a minority here in China, people goes for Canon and Nikon. There are few shops carrying pentax but not the full range, so sometimes we need to shop on internet. I believe people like Pentax mostly because of LTD lense and don't want to carry a ton of equipment for daily walk around.
Nice to meet you here.