Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1

First photog foray...

Hey everybody... just wanted to intoduce myself, my name is Marty. I'm from Long Island NY originally and now reside in Tarpon Springs FL. I was given an old Ricoh KR-10 Super by the old man back in college, and I enjoy shooting with the Rikenon prime lens that came with that camera on my gently used istD L that I got on ebay for a decent entry level price... I am still learning, and I will be posting photos and questions as they arise. I have enjoyed looking through many of your posts and galleries! Looking forward to adding to them.

-Marty

09-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome Marty. Jealous that you'll have good weather to shoot in all winter and I won't.
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
Oh, K-9, don't be fooled.. the summers are so hot, sometimes you don't even want to leave the air-conditioned house... But, I plan on exploring more of the Sunshine State now that I am itching to shoot a million photos of all the natural beauty Florida has to offer.
09-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's true, I don't like sticky humidity either, but it may still outrank frigid cold!! Good luck with your Floridian photo shoots.

09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Welcome, Marty. I'm originally from Brooklyn (Canarsie), but been down here in Coral Springs (near Ft. Lauderdale) for 16 years. The heat this year has been INTENSE, not to mention the rain, so I've been stuck in the house a lot lately myself.

I know there a lot of Greeks in Tarpon Springs, and they have that great event with the kids diving for the Cross. If you haven't shot it, you should.

Last year, it was FREEZING that day.
09-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #6

Original Poster
I know of the event, but nope... I haven't shot it yet, Ira. I DID live in Coral Springs for a while, when I lived on the East coast of FL before I moved to the West side, and before all of that I lived in NY on Long Island for 22 years. So we're like, probably only a few degrees separarated and we didn't even know it!